Sunday, August 19, 2012

Introduction

WELCOME to those of you who are reading this blog!

My name is Melissa.  As you may have read in the section About Me or possibly deduced from the title of this blog, I am a Secondary Math Education major and a School Library Media minor.  I have been a college student for the past 5 years, and I have finally reached the pinnacle of my college career -- student teaching!

I am about to embark on a great and adventurous journey, one which I would like to map.  I thought that it would be wise and helpful to myself and my colleagues (and anyone else who is interested) to create a journal of my experiences during my time as a student teacher.  Thus the reason why this blog exists!

I will be working as a student teacher in a middle school in Utah.  According to the information that I have been given, I will be student teaching in a Pre-Algebra classroom of 7th graders, as well as spending time student teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th graders in the school library.

I am very excited to be in the classroom with students, and I am starting to get a little nervous at the challenges that will face me in the months ahead.  School starts on Wednesday, August 22.

I hope to create new posts every day, but I may be a little over-ambitious since student teachers are very busy from what I have heard.  If new posts don't come every day, I will be sure to create new posts at least once every week to keep myself, my colleagues, and other followers up to date.

So here's to a new beginning and a successful journey!

  ~  Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment